The following objectives shall be achieved by this Law:
1) protection, conservation and improvement of biological (genetic, species and ecosystems), geological and landscape diversity;
2) harmonization of human activities, economic and social development plans, programmes, bases and projects with a sustainable use of renewable and non- renewable natural resources and long-term conservation of natural ecosystems and natural equilibrium;
3) sustainable use and/or management of natural resources and goods, securing their function along with the conservation of natural values and the equilibrium of natural ecosystems;
4) timely prevention of human activities and operations that can lead to permanent impoverishment of biological, geological and landscape diversity, as well as disturbances with negative consequences in the nature;
5) establishment and monitoring of the nature state;
6) improvement of the state of disturbed parts of nature and landscapes.