Certain terms used in this Law shall bear the following meaning:
1) "corruption" is a state based on an abuse of office or social status or influence, with an aim to acquire benefits for oneself or another;
2) "body of the public authority" shall be the body of the Republic of Serbia, the autonomous province, the local self-government unit and the city municipality, institutions, public enterprise and other legal entity founded by or the member of which is the Republic of Serbia, the autonomous province, the local self-government unit or the city municipality;
3) "public official" shall be every person elected, appointed or nominated to the bodies of public authority, except for the persons who are the representatives of the private capital in the managing body of a company which the body of public authority;
4) "public office" shall be the office held by a public official;
5) "family member" shall be the spouse or the common-law partner, parent of adoptive parent, child or the public official's adoptee;
6) associated person shall be a family member of the public official, blood relative of the public official, i.e. lateral blood relative to the second degree of kinship, as well as any other legal entity or natural person who may, on other bases and circumstances be reasonably assumed to be associated in interest with the public official.
7) "strategic document" shall imply strategies and action plans in the domain of combat, i.e. anti-corruption;
8) "political entity" shall imply the political entity, for the purpose of this Law governing the financing of political activities;
9) "area especially risky for occurrence of corruption" shall be the area which as such has been identified by the strategic document.